CLOSE TO ORBIT
THE PERFECT PLATFORM FOR HIGH ALTITUDE RECONNAISSANCE AND SURVEILLANCE
The GROB G 520 is one of the world’s largest fully composite manned and unmanned aircraft, providing an ideal system platform for OPV/UAV applications (Optionally Piloted Vehicle). The flexible payload-bay concept of the G 520 can accommodate multiple mission systems for both civilian and military applications and operations with a minimum of integration and modification lead time.
Based on its proven airframe and systems reliability the G 520 mitigates development risks for future UAV and/or system developments. The G 520 is the cost efficient performance platform for the UAV and OPV requirements of the 21st century, both in the HALE and MALE performance/application sector.
More information see also H3 MISSION SYSTEMS: www.h3-ms.com
HISTORY OF THE G 520NG
Developed and certified in 1991, the GROB G 520 is one of the world’s largest fully composite manned aircraft with extremely high aspect ratio wings.
Designed in the early 1990ies to carry a surveillance mission equipment of 1,000 kg (2,204 lb) to a loiter altitude of 50,000 ft (15,240 m), the G 520 is the perfect platform for today’s ISR needs. The G 520 is the worlds only CS/FAR 23 aircraft certified to fly at 50,000 ft.
FEATURING FULL RECONNAISSANCE AND SURVEILLANCE CAPABILITIES WITH:
- Multi role, multi domain capabilities
- Persistent, actionable intelligence (Optical, IR, GMTI)
- Awareness in all theatres of operations
- Flexible role fit, highly configurable
- Wide area sensor coverage and improved sensor performance at high altitudes
- Reduced footprint, very low probability of intercept
- Lowest operational cost in class
- Integrates with latest state-of-the-art sensors from the best suppliers in their domain
- Future proof – easy to upgrade
- Long endurance, high altitude performance
- Short runway capabilities
- Reconfigurable payload installation
- Full approval for all-weather IFR/Icing operations acc. to EASA/FAA Part 23 regulations
- No airspace restrictions due to civil certification
- Full support by the aircraft OEM Fully integrated and interoperable digital cockpits and operator workstation
DESIGNED FOR ONE SOLE PURPOSE
The G 520NG was, like no other aircraft, specifically designed to operate as a surveillance platform, integrating all types of sensors, antennas and subsystems.
The structural concept is even allowing for fuselage extensions, offering the highest flexibility and versatility.
The G520 NG is the most capable ISR platform for todays and tomorrows requirements.
MULTI ROLE COCKPIT CONCEPT
The G 520NG is not only the perfect medium altitude ISR platform, but can go up to the highest flight levels, where no civil traffic is interfering with your critical mission.
The large sensor footprint is allowing for a more effective wide area surveillance.
|Take off distance over 50 ft (MTOW, no wind, no slope)||670 m | 2,200 ft|
|Landing distance over 50 ft (MLW, no wind, no slope)||685 m | 2,250 ft|
|Time from MSL to 45,000 ft | 13.716 m (MTOW)||50 min|
|Max. take-off weight||4,700 kg | 10,362 lb|
|Standard empty weight||3,300 kg | 7,275 lb|
|Max. fuel capacity||1,070 kg | 2,359 lb|
|Max. payload||1,145 kg | 2,524 lb|
|Pratt&Whitney Canada PT6A-67 engine
|MP 750 SHP
Adaptive Maintenance Program
|Hartzell propeller, 4-blade||3,04 m diameter|
|Max certified operating altitude||13,716 m | 45,000 ft|
|Operating conditions||VFR / IFR day and night / flight into known icing conditions|