START YOUR TP-TOUR
Simplicity in pilot operation and system functions make the G 120TP the only sophisticated mission training platform that can accommodate typical elementary, basic and advanced pilot training segments.
The cost efficiency of the G 120TP redefines training cost and budgets. High performance, full Virtual Tactical Training capability including HOTAS make the G 120 TP not only the most cost efficient solution for the future.
Powered by the reliable Rolls-Royce M250-B17F turbine engine combined with operating simplicity makes the ideal platform for learning the first steps of flying all the way to pushing the envelope at 6g during the aerobatic training phase.
STREAMLINE YOUR PILOT TRAINING
The tendency to stream pilot training at an earlier stage, as in the past, is being adapted globally to the new operating parameters and requirements. Taking the prerequisites together with the stringent defence budgets has challenged the industry to provide a new approach.
The G 120TP has been designed around the future needs of global air forces. Well-balanced performance, side-by-side seating together with high reliability and competitive economics are the parameters of the global 21st century training needs. The G 120TP represents all of the aforementioned criterias.
The G 120TP is certified to latest airworthiness standards and features enhanced aerodynamic performance, future oriented flexible avionics, including both civil and military communication and navigation systems, providing excellent situational awareness and safety features.
By improving the quality of initial through basic levelflight training while realizing enormous savings in lifecycle costs, combined with unbeaten dispatch reliability, the G 120TP sets a new and unmatched standard in military pilot training.
MAIN FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Thoroughbred basic trainer aircraft optimized for the demanding military training environment
- Full aerobatic & military training capability (+6 / -4 g)
- Excellent handling qualities and simple single lever ‘turbine-like’ power plant operation
- Proven dependability and supportability of the Rolls-Royce M250-B17F turbine engine
- Power availability appropriate to the phase of training:
- Power can be physically limited to 312 SHP for ab initio training phase (Flex Power)
- 456 SHP for take-off and 380 SHP for maximum cruise provides excellent power-to-weight ratios and with instantaneous excess power during normal operations
- 5-blade, constant speed MT-Propeller
- Only aircraft in its class certified to latest FAR 23 crashworthiness requirements
- Most spacious side-by-side seating in its class
- Student pilot can be seated either in the LH or RH pilot seat, both with individual throttle levers
- Robust retractable landing gear optimized for rough training environment
- Furnished with latest state-of-the-art avionics (analog/digital) allowing seamless transition to modern training platforms
- Primary flight display (PFD) in digital flight deck variant features tapes display or round dial display being unique for this class of trainer aircraft
- VFR day / night and IFR operations in non-icing conditions
- Available safety features include traffic advisory system (TAS), digital flight data and cockpit voice recorder
(FDR & CVR) and mission debriefing system (MDS)
- All composite airframe: lightweight, corrosion and fatigue free, easy repair
- Unbeatable low total life-cycle cost to its fibre reinforced composite airframe, requiring less maintenance effort
- High service life of the airframe of minimum 15,000 flight hours (aerobatic)
COCKPIT / AVIONIC
G 120TP DIGITAL COCKPIT
WITH FULL TRAINING CAPABILITY
The unique and state of the art open architecture mission simulation system of the G 120TP allows the training of student pilots from initial all the way through basic flight training. With the pilots progress of skills, tactical missions with airborne simulations are now available. Possible previously only on light jet and or high performance turbo-prop trainers.
The 21st century cockpit concept, with a new dimension of download potential is on the market. Improving the quality of training while realizing enormous saving in live cycle cost.
A highly effective and low cost way to train flight students in the use of todays front line fighter-, helicopter- and transport aircraft mission avionics. The trainee will be able to plan the mission and operate the system elements by means of real or simulated panels switches and HOTAS identical to advanced mission aircraft.
Radar displays and operation, as available in front line fighters, are imitated, to give the trainee a comprehensive understanding of the system.
Monitoring trainee’s operation by the Instructor Pilot in the side by side cockpit is done with ease by following the trainee’s actions across the cockpit while the Instructor Pilot can also utilize the same controls and displays to demonstrate every step of the training.
FUTURE PILOT TRAINING WITH THE G 120TP
Grob Aircraft’s new G 120TP Training Concept, based upon the versatile G 120TP basic training aircraft, addresses the latest trends and strategic shifts in modern military flight training; reduced demand for fast jet pilots, increased demand for transport/helicopter/UAS pilots, an increase on mission complexity - and in the same time pressures from reduced military budgets.
The G 120TP training system starts with the Primary and Basic Flight Training phase incorporating ab initio flight training and screening on a ‘simplified’ G 120TP with Flex Power facilitating engine handling and limiting power envelope for beginner pilots.
The side-by-side cockpit arrangement supports high efficiency training, specifically in early training stages.
The Primary and Basic Flight Training phase is graduated by the students with the Wings Test. In the Streaming phase, the G 120TP platform can be operated further for all subsequent pilot class streams by downloading of flight training tasks from more expensive training platforms.
By using a common platform, delayed ‘cross streaming’ is facilitated between the fighter and transport streams.
Elimination of unnecessary transitions and earlier channelling of the pilots results in a streamlined pilot training, focussing on relevant core skill development.
Furthermore, future demand shifts between the various streams can be easily bolstered by a common platform.
GROB AIRCRAFT TRAINING CONCEPT
Focusing on required training tasks on a single multi-purpose platform minimizes type conversions, yielding to quality improved pilot training at reduced overall training cost.
Operating speed range
|Max. operating speed VMO MSL up to 13,000 ft||235 KCAS|
|Max. mach number MMO above 13,000 ft||0.45|
|Stall speed VS (MSL landing config., utility)||57 KCAS|
Take off and landing distances (MSL, ISA)
|Take off distance over 50 ft (MTOW, no wind, no slope, utility)||376 m|
|Take off roll (MTOW, no wind, no slope)||222 m|
|Landing distance over 50 ft (MLW, no wind, no slope)||455 m|
|Landing roll (MLW, no wind, no slope)||176 m|
Cruise speeds, rate of climbs, sustaining g (ISA, MTOW)
|Max. cruise speed (MSL, MCP, utility)||205 KTAS|
|Max. cruise speed (10,000 ft, ISA, MCP, utility)||226 KTAS|
|Rate of climb (MSL, MP, aerobatic)||2855 ft/min|
|Sustained g (MSL, MCP, 1400 kg aircraft weight)||3.0 g|
Range / Endurance (ISA, 30 min reserve fuel, utility)
|Range (5,000 ft, LRC speed)||640 NM|
|Range (10,000 ft, LRC speed)||725 NM|
|Endurance (10,000 ft, max endurance power)||5.4 hrs|
|Max. take-off weight (MTOW, utility)||1,515 kg | 3340 lb|
|Max. take-off weight (MTOW, aerobatic)||1,440 kg | 3175 lb|
|Max. landing weight (MLW)||1,515 kg | 3340 lb|
|Max. usable fuel capacity||275 kg | 606 lbs.|
|Max. baggage weight||50 kg | 110 lb|
|Max. continuous power (MCP)||380 SHP|
|Max. power (MP, 5 min limit)||456 SHP|
|Flat rated versions on request|
|Max. load factors aerobatic||+6 / -4G|
|Max. operating altitude||25.000 ft|
|Operation: VFR day/night, IFR, non-icing conditions|